Autumn Skincare Routine ♥︎




Soap and Glory - Facial brush - Boots Ireland

A manual facial brush is one of the best things I have incorporated into my skincare routine this year.I cant recommend it enough to be honest. There are many benefits to using a manual facial brush over the clearasonic. First and foremost you control the intensity of the scrub with your hands.A cleaner but gentler scrub on your face can be achieved. It helps get the deeper clogged in bits of left over make up off your face. The price is very very reasonable in comparison to the clearasonic. Any facial brush will do the job but the soap and glory is one i can easily recommend because it’s pretty good quality and it two sided so for those days you don't want to exfoliate you can use the rubbery side for an even gently face cleanse. Check out some of my tips for taking how to use the facial brush and take care of it.
My recommended Tips
- Use 3 times a week max
- Don’t press to harden skin and make sure brush is wet first
- Wash it often with Disinfect soap and boiling hot water once a week
- Change every few (3-4) months 
- Never over exfoliate your face (can be ageing to skin)


Garnier - Micellar Cleansing Water - Penneys Ireland (€4)

This is hands down my favourite skin care product of the year, Ive been singing the praises of this product to anybody that will listen and I know at least alot of the people that watch my channel “Msdebdeb” has told me either on Facebook that they Love it too. Anybody into beauty products knows what Bioderma is and also know that it’s pretty overpriced and hard to get in Ireland and in the Uk. I picked u a small bottle in paris for blog review purposes *wink face*. Garnier's micellar cleanser is a 400 ML bottle that lasts you alot of uses. Ok ! on the bottle it says 200 but who really has time to count ?

How I use it ! (Recommended)

  1. Remove all your makeup first with makeup wipes. 
  2. wash your face with you usual face wash or scrub.
  3. Grab a cotton facial pad and pour a little Micellar water on it. (Wipe Face)
  4. Voila use your daily or nightly moisturiser.
Or
If it’s one of those days where the thoughts of water on your face is revolting, you can just skip every other step and go straight to step 3. and 4. 
3. Grab a cotton facial pad and pour a little Micellar water on it. (Wipe Face until cotton is clear)
4. Voila, use your daily or nightly moisturiser.


St Ives - Apricot Scrub - boots

As someone who suffered from severe dark spots previously I can say this is your best option if you need your skin to rejuvenate a a quicker pace. For oily skin types it’s oil free which means it doesn't add grease to the face instead it adds natural moisture to the face, removes surface cells and helps bring up newer skin to the surface regularly. With this facial scrub you start to see a difference after at 2 weeks and over the months more and more noticeable changes to the brightness of your face and of course any existing dark spots. I really love this scrub thats why I have re-purchased it twice already and I'm now trying the olive oil version of it too. 

How I use ! (Recommended)
You don't need to use a facial brush with this as it’s already a facial scrub.
3-4 times a week is enough ! Never over-exfoliate your skin (Take Your Time).Don’t forget to work your way down the neck 


WITCH - Oil control Foaming wash - Boots
(link)

This Witch face wash is my daily facial wash for when my skin is particularly oily.The Witch hazel extract helps naturally keep your natural face oils balanced. although they say on the back “suitable for all skin types” I would only recommend this product to those with dry skin as if your face is not oily it can dry it out but if it is it just balances it out. This is a product I initially picked up because it doesn't contain tea tree.I don’t like tea tree extracts and most witch hazel face wash products are mixed with tea tree extracts.
Benefits
- Doesn’t break you out!
- Helps your skin eliminate and develop oil control over time
 - Very gentle on skin 
  

Palmers- Dark spot corrector - boots
Suitable if you have dark spots, Acne Spots, post acne scars and Sun damage like minimum hyper-pigmentation. I tried this product out for a few months putting it directly on my dark spots for about 3 months and i think it helps swell. It contains vitamin C which as you know acts as an antioxidant, a substance that prevents the cellular damage caused by free radicals. This antioxidant effect protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation and the effects of sunlight exposure, which means it helps lighten dark spots over time.


Loreal- Skin Perfection Serum - Boots
This is an anti-aging serum cream for young people aged 20-30. I once read this article in an issue of Cosmo, a beauty blogger said the one thing she regretted not doing was using SPF and anti-aging creams in her 20's. It got me thinking.
 The skin perfection moisturises aim to increase the appearance of dark spots over time, hydrate your skiing and give it a more even tone. The main aim of this product is to refine the texture of your young skin. 

"In your 20's and 30's your skin is still young but not always perfect. Stress, fatigue and an unbalanced lifestyle can affect skin quality causing irregularities to appear: imperfections, enlarged pores and an uneven skin texture." - Loreal Paris 



How to use 


Apply alone in the morning or night or before your normal daily moisturises.



A Natural Method 
Lemon and Baking Soda Scrub       
                       


A natural method I use on my face is this lemon and baking soda scrub I found on Pinterest or somewhere online last year. This lemon method has really helped brighten my skin and dark spots naturally also. I do it once a week when I’m being strict with my skincare routine or every so often when I'm not too focused on my skincare routine.

What you're gonna need….
-A Lemon 
-Some Baking Soda
-Honey (optional for extra moisture)



  1. Cut lemon in half and squeeze out juice  in a bowl (Lemon juice in bottle can be used too).
  2. Put a little baking soda in a separate bowl.
  3. Add lemon juice slowly to make a thick paste.
  4. Add to dark spots or areas containing hyper-pigmentation first.
  5. Then add to rest of the face lastly and gently rub in secular motion and then work your way down the neck. (I always used to forget my neck lol).

(feeling a little stinging sensation is normal so don't worry too much about that as the lemon’s citric acid and baking soda react to each other and essentially working). 

___________________________________________________________

So dolls, thats my current skincare routine. There is currently one product missing from this post especially for people with dark spots. I will be doing a separate blogpost on that altogether lol. Thank you so much for reading as always I would love to know your opinions, so make sure you leave a comment below.





Follow Undefined Blue Honey:



17 comments

  1. love this! so detailed as well.. good job hun
    could you please add the prices and or the links to get them.. i'm currently batting with black spots from pimple scars :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive added the link to each indevidual product. You best option is to think of creative ways to get each item (Try dunnes stores and Tesco ...cheapest way to get some of them). I would also go to the bigger boots stores for the rarer products and watch out for sale items on the more expensive ones (e.g the lorael serum is €25...but it's sometimes on sale for 1/3 of the price).
      Thank you for reading x

      Delete
  2. I'm so going to try out the lemon and baking soda scrub, I actually use that for teeth whitening! well sometimes hehe :)

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The St Ives face scrub is truly amazing! <3

    www.diamants-au-chocolat.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love a good skin care routine! :) Love your blog style. #new subbie. Hope you get a chance to check mine out.

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVEMAVIN || Youtube
    LOVEMAVIN || Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. l absolutely fell in love with your blog, following you!<3
    Make sure you also check out my blog and follow me as well.

    www.fashionableperfection.com

    Love John Setrodipo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have both the Soap and Glory Facial Brush and the Micellar Water, I love them both! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to use the St Ives scrub but am relying more and more on chemical rather than manual exfoliators now :)
    I love the sound of the L'Oreal serum, too! Great post, thanks for sharing.

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely products :) st. Ives make some good scrubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the look of the S&G Face brush, im yet to come across it in my local Boots store though x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the Soap and Glory face brush and the St. Ives Apricot scrub sounds like a product I would love to try too! Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That St Ives scrub scent has scarred me for life, horrible stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that micellar water! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a great post. i haven't heard of cleasin water by garnier would certainly gonna check the stores. and would love to try baking soda and lemon thing

    thanks

    Shumaila Jaffer
    Beauty Redefined

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you mixed some DIY with the other products you love. I am interested in the Garnier cleaning water. Sounds amazing.. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I should really try the Granier Micellar Cleansing Water. I see only good things written about it.
    The facial brush looks pretty cute too.

    Toxic Cupcake
    http://toxic-cupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© MsDebDeb
Maira Gall