OVER THE KNEE BOOTS FOR PETITES | HOW I STYLE












Jumper dress | H&M (here)\\ Coat | Pull & Bear (here) // Necklace | Forever 21 (Similar Here) // Boots | Primark (similar here) & Watch | Michael Kors (Similar here)

This year has definitely flown through so quickly, it feels like just a couple of days ago I was enjoying my travel filled summer and now SHOCKER !!! It's December already. The cold has recently just arrived but guess what?, its my favourite time of the year, I'm one of those strange people that even though I like to wear less layers during the summer, I love A/W. 
What is so great about Autumn and Winter ? 
Well besides the obvious festivities that go on during this time of the year, its the perfect opportunity to get away with dressing like a long lost relative of The Addams family, if that's your thing and sometimes it's really my thing. (to a limit of course lol !) I even almost bought a black lipstick in Superdrug yesterday!! 

Today's outfit post was actually inspired by two sources, firstly my friend JD who was also my guest photographer for this outfit and secondly from a blogpost I read.
It all started on a casual day at Primark having a nose through the shop-floor and JD points out these boots and says these would suit me.I immediately laughed and dismissed the thought of ever buying them but it was quite random actually, I decided to try them on a joke so I could do a little mirror dance and Voila ! it was love at first Wear!...... I ended up going back to buy them a few days later. 

A few days Prior to this I had my usual read of my favourite blogs, from Shirley's wardrobe to Nadia Aboulhosn who's syle im Obsessed with but when i'm done with my favourites I like to read from posts blogger I know and im interested in.
"Take for example knee high boots. Who told you you were Rihanna? If you are short and stumpy, you more than likely will not pull it off." 
I partly understand what she was saying !! But is Rhianna the inventor of knee high boots paired with an oversized tee  ?,NOPE ! if anything a majority of  fashion bloggers are. You don't need me to tell you that everything looks different on a model and on Rihanna than it does in real life. Over-the-knee boots are a biggie. In the typical fashion show, they look effortlessly stunning and easy to pull off, usually paired with a micro mini or a floating dress that's cut up to the thigh. In real life, they're a little trickier to wear — they make a statement, conjure up images of our favourite Pretty Woman and can easily become a train-wreck if it doesn't agree with he rest of your attire. OK, I'll admit: they're challenging; but that doesn't mean they're not worth a try and that they won't actually work with the right pieces, for everybody. Yes, EVERY body type, you just have to find what works for your body type. (check out pintrest,Tumblr for ideas ect!) 

I guess what i'm trying to say is Society shouldn't rule out a style of dressing for a particular group of people and dictate to them what's right  and wrong ! What shoes they can wear when  and what shoes they are "allowed" to wear, based on their height. I guess that statement is for those that care deeply what people think of what they wear. As for me, I love my new Primark Over the knee boots and I cant wait to style them in some of my future posts.


Until next time with love, 





Follow Undefined Blue Honey:

51 comments

  1. Amazing post! As I always say: 'Fashion has no rules.'

    You look fab x

    fashionenth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it! Looking gorgeous <3

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVE MAVIN || BLOG
    LOVE MAVIN || YOUTUBE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking very pretty and would you like to follow each other?
    www.sorathmajid1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great love your boots and watch.. :)

    Hey u have a great blog. Would u like to follow each other.? Let me know by following my blog and I will follow right back :)
    The Lipstickholic

    ReplyDelete
  5. the boots are gorgeous and your firend is right, they look great on you!! :) I could never pull them off, but you did!
    xo
    Alice|Alice's Beauty Madness

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow they look amazing on you :) :) We do tend to avoid clothes boots etc as we look at them and think "Nah" I could never pull that off but can be surprising when we do eventually try the style out :) Gok would love you right now lol http://ninasbargainbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been contemplating getting myself a pair of over the knee boots! Loved how you've paired them with your outfit, thanks so much for the tips. P.S - we have the same MK watch - except mine is in rose gold :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Team MK whoooop! get the boots ..wear what you want x
      thank you x

      Delete
  8. you look amazing! love this whole outfit I need the jumper dress and boots.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these boots :)
    http://www.sparklingsmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. My god you surely nailed the look! Loved those boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. u look fab... great post ... loved those boots

    ReplyDelete
  12. I couldn't agree more, I think 'rules' should be referred to as guidelines and ultimately, you should just do what makes you happy!

    Gorgeous photos, and I love those boots on you. I've got a similar pair myself and I'm not particularly tall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly ... fashion has no rules ! xxx thank you x

      Delete
  13. Well I think these boots look fab on you!

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love knee high boots! They're so flattering

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look fabulous on you and with this outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is a great outfit, the boots especially.

    ReplyDelete
  17. absolutely stunning! i want a pair now

    ReplyDelete
  18. okay. those boots are gorg! love your watch too

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely adore these boots and the whole look too. Been looking for these kind of boots too x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sound some interesting. You are absolutely true.

    work boots

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am looking for over the knee boots for my wife. I also buy a mini skirt for my wife. Bur color has to be black. Please suggest me a good site for this. www.myworkwear.org

    ReplyDelete

© MsDebDeb
Maira Gall